Table of Contents
What Amiga Emulators are available?
Note that whatever emulator you choose, you will also need a 'Kickstart ROM' for the model of Amiga you wish to emulate. The easiest legal way to get hold of a complete set (to emulate any Amiga) is to buy Amiga Forever, which also includes many of the emulators listed below and a user-friendly front-end for WinUAE.
- WinFellow is an alternative emulator, especially suitable for older PCs. However, this is no longer updated and, unlike WinUAE, does not emulate AGA Amigas (A1200, A4000 or CD32). Homepage: fellow.sourceforge.net
- MESS (Multiple Emulator Super System) also supports emulation of the Amiga 500 and 1000 - like WinFellow, it does not emulate AGA Amigas. Homepage www.mess.org:
- Amigame is created by the French team AmiphoneX, Amigame is developed to be easy to use and quick to setup, Amigame is a game interface (front end) that simplifies your maximum utilization of WinUAE. Homepage: http://www.amigame.fr
Linux / Unix
- UAE is the original Amiga emulator by Bernd Schmidt, but has not been updated since 2002: www.amigaemulator.org
- Richard Drummond’s E-UAE incorporated some of the enhancements from WinUAE, but has not been updated since 2007: www.rcdrummond.net/uae
- Finally, it is possible to run WinUAE (see above) on Linux through WINE: www.winehq.org
Other and/or historical systems
- Peter Hutchison's Amiga Emulator FAQ provides informations on Amiga emulators for various other systems including DOS, Palm OS, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PSP and X-Box.